Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chicken Corn Chowder a la (Marisa's) Mom & Dad

oh yes. Our family loves this chowder. It is delightful. It probably takes about 30 minutes to make. And that is a Great Harvest wheat roll there. Boy, do they know bread!

Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts
- chicken bullion
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 small package of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pint half & half

- Boil 2 (or more) chicken breasts.
-Add about 4 tsp. chicken bullion granules
- chop up 1/2 medium onion
Boil together for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender. Do not overboil.
Take out chicken breasts and chop up or shred. Set aside.

Chop up 3 medium potatoes into smallish chunks. Add to chicken water. Allow to cook. Add 1 can creamed corn, 1 can whole kernel corn (drained), 1 can cream of chicken soup. Chop up 1/4 green pepper and add to the pot. Add small package of frozen mixed vegetables. Add about a pint of half & half. Let simmer until all vegetables are done. Make sure you taste it before serving it out. It may very well need more chicken bullion.

I assure you this is a DELICIOUS chowder. A family classic.


...And yeah, I know I said I planned on blogging our meals. I lied. Sorry. Somehow I think you'll all probably forgive me. Doubtless all you followers/readers were busy enough the past few weeks anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Yum - I love corn chowder. I think we have about 4 different recipes, so another will be mighty welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this tonight - I added tomatoes....and I added a bunch of spices too. I grew up in a spicy home, so it was practically essential that I add at least some garlic. :)
    Thanks for the good recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails