Friday, January 22, 2010

Cake aux Olives - Olive bread

So, I started taking pictures of our dinners about a week ago... but I only asked Marisa if I could contribute to the blog yesterday. So, I have a few recipes to add to the blog today.

I tend to make this bread/salty cake the same week I make Tartiflette because it helps use up the white wine you need for the tartiflette recipe.

Ingredients :
250 g (~2 cups) flour
4 eggs
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup white wine
200 g (~7 oz) green olives or half black/half green
200 g (~7 oz) ham
150 g (~5.5 oz) shredded cheese (the best would be gruyere, but Walmart's shredded Italian cheese mix works fine)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pepper

Mix all the ingredients, place in buttered bread pan. Cook at 350F for 50 minutes.

I served it with a tuna-grapefruit salad, which was a weird combination. I recommend a green salad or something like that.

By the way if someone knows where to get canned diced green olives, I'd like to know... I've been looking everywhere. And why do they always come with some kind of a filling (almond, garlic, red pepper...) ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails