Friday, March 19, 2010

Stromboli

This is sorta like Jenny's Stuffed Bread. Only I use pizza/pasta sauce, ground beef (I actually used ground bison), and lots of mozzarella cheese. Just use your favorite yeast bread recipe and spread on the pasta sauce, then the ground beef, then the cheese. Fold up the ends and roll it up. When it's done I brush on melted butter and sprinkle McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning on it. Gosh, I like that seasoning! You could just use anything though, I think. Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or just leave it plain on top. Bake on a greased baking sheet at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

If you want a dough recipe, here's one I used last night. Not sophisticated... I didn't have a lot of time.

4 cups flour
2 T instant yeast
1 1/2 tsp. salt
about 2 cups of warm-hot water

Just mix the flour, salt, and yeast together and then pour just enough warm-hot water into your mixer until the dough is not longer sticky, but smooth and elastic. Knead for a few minutes then let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails