Monday, March 29, 2010

Pigs-In-A-Blanket. Sort of.

So, this is SO not how mine turned out. But pretend that I'm a culinary genius that makes all my food look palatable.

Mine are a little simpler because I just buy the 'lil smokies from the store and then wrap biscuit dough around them. If you want them to be pretty you can roll out the dough and do fancy shapes, but usually I make a double batch of biscuits, half plain and half with the smokies. I use about half a biscuit's worth of dough around them.

Biscuits (Eggless!)

2 C flour
1 Tab baking powder
1 Tab sugar
1/2 teas cream of tartar
1/4 teas salt
1/2 C butter or margarine at room temp, although I have been known to slightly melt mine when in a hurry. Ok, confession. I've sometimes accidentally melted them all the way and whoop-dee-doo, they still turn out fine.
2/3 C milk

Preheat oven to 400ยบ.

Put dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk with fork. Cut in butter, although if it's slightly melted it's more like mixing. In the end it should look like cornmeal. Add milk. Fold a few times on a floured board. Cut out.

Place fairly close together on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 - 12 minutes. I'm in Colorado and it usually takes about 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails