Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza

By the hand of Brian. Unfortunately the crust of this pizza was bland. BUT! The toppings were AMAZING. So I suggest making this with regular pizza dough (this particular recipe used cornmeal and no salt) and squish it into a round cake pan. Maybe use this recipe. We topped the dough with SLICES of mozzarella (yes! FIRST!), then some diced tomatoes (from a can, drained), coarse salt, fresh basil, and 1 clove minced garlic. The other pan had some pepperoni added. Deep dish style takes extra time to cook, by the way. This version was baked for about 25 minutes at 475 F.





I have  yet to post my favorite homemade dish. We call it "Thai Ruby curry." Yes, a la Thai Ruby in Provo, UT. The house special. Oh my it is good. Look for it soon!

1 comment:

  1. ok, but it's backwards. I don't know if I can wrap my head around that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails