Friday, February 26, 2010

Mushroom and Artichoke Chicken


Before I post the recipe, can I just say while we enjoyed this, neither of us actually loved it, but we felt that was because of personal taste not because of a bad recipe. The basil and oregano in this are in the forefront, and the artichokes are strong -tasting because they're marinated. A little tweaking is probably fine. I got this recipe from a friend's family cookbook, and I got the chicken from Sprouts, which is having a sale through this coming Wednesday (FYI for you CO folk) $1.67 a pound, which is unheard of around here.

Mushroom and Artichoke Chicken

4 Chicken Breasts (I used 3 large ones instead)
flour - roughly a cup or so
2 Tab oil
1 C marinated artichoke hearts
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, or the equivalent
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 oz mushrooms
1/4 C red wine vinegar

Dredge chicken in flour and brown on med-hi in oil. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and add mushrooms and garlic till golden. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red wine and herbs, pepper, and salt. Cook 5 minutes, put chicken back.
Cover and cook on medium low for about 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with fresh parmesan.

Ack! I just realized I forgot to put the cheese on top. I think that would have made a delightful difference. Still probably won't make it again, but don't forget it if you do. :)

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight and we loved it! Thanks again for an awesome recipe! I did use diced tomatoes and put in only 1/2 a can making it for 2.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails