Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Coleslaw and cheese quiche

So, I didn't make the coleslaw from scratch. I used a seasonning mix bought from the Sunflower market and just added cabbage and mayonnaise. It was pretty good.

As for the cheese quiche... Well I had never made it without lardons (big chunks of bacon) before, and it turned out quite bland without. So, unless anyone's interested in a bland tasting cheese quiche and fuzzy directions, I won't explain how I did it.
Instead here's a recipe I found online that looks pretty good:

You'll need :
  • 1 simple crust of pate brisee (classic pie dough --> see the recipe for tomato pie)
  • 9 oz of creme fraiche (I'd use heavy cream instead)
  • 8 oz of Gruyere
  • 3 eggs
  • Pepper (or nutmeg, I think it tastes better)
Spread half of the cheese over the crust. Using a fork, beat eggs, heavy cream, pepper and the remaining cheese together. Pour the mix over the crust and cheese. Bake for 30min at 375F (or until the top turns light brown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails