Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dutch Sausage Soup

I know you have all missed me. Still no camera.

9 c. water
1 pound dry lima beans
1 c. ham
4 celery stalks including leaves (sliced)
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 pound cooked polish sausage

Heat water and beans to boiling in a large pot and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for one hour. Add remaining ingredients except sausage. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover and simmer at least 3 hours. The add whole sausage to the pot. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove and slice, return to soup.

I served it with fresh rolls. It is a very easy soup. It is hard for me to remember to do things in advance for dinner that aren't crock pot. However, I did this as I made lunch for my children and it turned out fabulous. (Oh, and I used turkey sausage.)

Andy is very proud of his Dutch heritage and said this soup tasted like what his Grandma makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails