Wednesday, December 16, 2009

French Toast Puffs and Dump Chicken

Ok, as far as the Dump Chicken went....uh, I'd say it's safe to say that if it's ever titled 'Dump' something, then it tastes like, well, poop. That's just the sauce without the chicken, but trust me - the chicken didn't help.


These worked out MUCH better. I found the recipe on a needlework blog, and for once I actually didn't change anything! They were an instant hit - Eli ate 3 in one sitting, and they're super easy to make.

French Toast Puffs (Or, as Ryan likes to call them, Snickerdoodle Puffs):

Cream:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs

Sift into a separate bowl:
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Pour out 1 cup milk in a pourable container.
Alternatively add the flour mix and the milk to the creamed mixture, beating well each time.
Spoon into greased muffin tin up to 2/3 full - they'll puff up huge.
Bake at 350ยบ for 20 - 25 minutes. Check at 15, and when the toothpick comes out clean, you're set.
Immediately take out of the pan. Melt about a stick of butter (margarine is ok) in a bowl, and add into another bowl 1/2 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip the tops of the muffins in butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Can be made ahead and frozen, and in my case, I'm taking mine to the RS Board party where I'll heat them up in the microwave.
If any of that doesn't make sense, just let me know.


As a bonus, I thought I'd include the recipe for our Reese's PB Cups that we used for our Christmas treats and are hugely popular wherever they appear, which means they spoil everyone's dinner:

Gretchen's Reese's Peanut Butter Cups But Ten Times Better
2 sticks margarine or butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar (or 1 pound)
1 inner seal package of graham crackers, crushed (1/4 of the box)
1 can peanut butter, or 2 cups
1 - 1 1/2 packages milk chocolate chips, or large chocolate bars that equals approximately 14 oz.

Mix the butter, powdered sugar, graham crackers and pb very well. Spread (sometimes the only way is with your hand) on a cookie sheet. Melt the chocolate and pour over the mixture, spreading it until it covers it evenly. Freeze for best results, but chilling until eating is fine.
You can get away with 1 package of chocolate chips, but it's really better with about a half package more.

2 comments:

  1. good to know that I'm not the only one whose dinners don't always turn out. Those muffins do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly the peanut butter cups are good but I did have to sell my arteries to the devil ;) I am excited to try the Puffs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails