Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cheese Fries Casserole

This was a super easy recipe and was well received by half of my family. (Two don't like potatoes or rice.) I forgot to take a photo before I served it up. I also modified the original recipe.
Recipe:
1 pound ground turkey
1 T. minced dried onion
2 cans (reduced fat cream) of mushroom soup
1/2 c. monterey jack cheese
2 c. frozen crinkle cut fries
1 T. ranch seasoning
Brown the meat with minced onion, salt and pepper. Drain. Mix in soups and cheese and heat through. Put in a greased casserole dish. Top with the fries and sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
(The original recipe called for 1 can cheddar soup which I couldn't find, so I did 2 of the mushroom and added cheese instead. It called for 2 pounds of ground beef. I don't use a lot of red meat. Also, I try to use less meat than a recipe calls for because it always seems like there is too much in it to me. I added the ranch seasoning to give the fries some flavor. I couldn't find my Season All.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Look at you improvise :) I've never even heard of cheddar soup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails