Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Salsa

First time I had this, my family and I finished hiking up to and touring Timp Caves (Utah). We were ultra hungry and this hit the spot. Comes from my older sister Janna.

-1 can corn niblets (there is also seasoned corn niblets which is good too)
-1 can black beans (you could add any other type of beans if you want too. I sometimes I add pinto beans)
-2 to 3 diced avocados (adding some lemon juice helps them from turning brown)
-2 to 3 diced tomatoes
 
Drain liquid from corn and beans and mix in a bowl. Dice up avocados and tomatoes and add to the corn and beans. Season with garlic salt and pepper and mix all together. You could serve them with chips or I use this recipe for tostadas. I put a small corn tortilla in the oven on broil until it is lightly brown on both sides, cool for 1 min and then add salsa mix on top of the tortilla and add feta cheese, rancho cheese or mozzarella. Serve up & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails