Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apple Crisp

One of my friends just asked me for a good apple recipe. This is my favorite thing to make in the autumn time, so I am sharing it because Marisa said I could. ;)

Apple Crisp

4 medium cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup butter (softened)
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

1. Heat oven to 375. Grease bottom and sides of a square pan, (8x8x2) with shortening.

2. Spread apples in the pan. Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle over apples.

3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.

*I use about a cup of sugar and a full stick of butter, but that is why I will never be skinny. I have also been able to make this work when I only had 2 apples. (For a Sunday dessert when I couldn't go shopping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails