Monday, July 5, 2010

Potato Salad

I know, I know. Everyone has a recipe for potato salad. And truthfully I grew up never eating it because I thought it was gross. But when I was asked to bring some to a bbq, I just sort of...winged it. And it turned out so good that there is only about one helping left from a huge bowl full!

Typically I do one big potato or two small ones per adult there, + 1 small one per child.
Eggs, relish, spices, etc. are all in proportion to the potatoes, so...I'll put down what I did here and you can increase/decrease accordingly.

8 small potatoes, boiled till you can stick a fork in them, but they're not so soft you could mash them, then chilled
~8 - 10 boiled eggs, then chilled
sweet relish
small onion, minced
sweet relish
mayo or miracle whip
salt and pepper
garlic powder (optional)

After you've skinned the potatoes, slice them into small bite size pieces. Peel the eggs and put the yolks in a bowl and chop up the whites, putting them in with the potatoes. Mince the onion and add.
Mash the yolks, adding enough mayo to make a soft mush. Add sweet relish - I used to big forkfuls, but it's really how much you would like to add. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garlic powder if you want. Stir it all together then mix it in with the potato/egg mixture. Cover and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails