Monday, August 1, 2011

Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells

Another new recipe find that my family really enjoyed it. The pasta was a bit crunchy, but we are going to try to fix that.

1 pkg. jumbo pasta shells
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. parmesan (freshly grated works best) + 1/4 c. for topping
1/4 c. pesto
2 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil and prepare pasta shells as directed on package. Drain pasta and set aside.

In a bowl combine the rest of ingredients (except 1/4 cheese for topping). Fill the pasta shells with the mixture (about a tablespoon each shell) and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top.

Bake for about 30 minutes. It says uncovered, but that made ours crunchy, so next time I am gonna try to cover it and see what it does.

*I don't really like pesto and I really liked this dish. I, of course, changed it slightly to meet my family's needs. I used low fat cottage cheese and parmesan cheese and only used real shredded parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails